Ok now she's really almost 13 months, but cut me a break. Anyway, I thought I would update you all on Alia's fun Birthday and her current size.
First, Alia's Birthday Party:
I had play practice on Alia's actual birthday, so we celebrated on the following Monday. The theme was, "Look Whoo's Turning 1!" You know because an owl says "Whoo."
Here's the family decorating for me because I was so busy making the cake and cleaning the house that I didn't have the house decorated by the time the guests arrived. It turned out well, though, because it was a fun activity for everyone while we were waiting for everyone to come. I'll have to remember that trick for future parties:)
And here's the cake. Notice the owl theme. The purpose of teaching myself to make more elaborate cakes with fondant starting about 9 months ago, was so that I could make the greatest 1st birthday cake ever for Alia. I feel I have achieved this goal! I'm pretty proud.

The bottom layer was a vanilla cake with almond flavored white frosting, and the top layer was a chocolate cake with a ganache and strawberry center.
Alia with Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Stockett. Good picture of all of them.

One of the few happy pictures from Alia that night. She had been sick the weekend before the party and was just starting to feel better. But you can tell in some of the pictures that she's just tired and out of it.

focus, Alia. Focus! Side note, Nick and I were matching without meaning to. Silly us.
Decorating finished product.
Alia's latest stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 13 oz (75%)
Height: 30 inches (90%)
Alia's Birth Stats: (for comparison)
Weight: 8 lbs (50%-75%)
Height: 20 inches (75%)
In other words, she has grown A LOT!
Love you, Alia Rose!
3 comments:
She is such a beautiful little girl! I can't believe she's one! Wow, time flies. The party looked so darling - great job on the cake. It's beautiful. So glad things are well.
I am so excited to come see you this week.
Oh no!!! Alili wasn't supposed to turn one! She promised us to stay as small as when I left her! Looks like fun!
--Dustin and April
Post a Comment