Alia loves to help mommy cook in the kitchen. Especially when she gets to lick the beaters! The whole time Alia is helping me add ingredients, she is also asking over and over again, "Mommy, I lick it? Mommy, I lick it?" One day after sending Alia away several times when making frosting, I finished and yelled to Alia, "Alia, your greatest dreams have come true!" Then she ran in yelling, "I LICK IT!" She knew exactly what I was talking about.
Alright, moving on to the bearded Nicky. Nick is in Fiddler on the Roof playing Motel the Tailor, and therefore had to grow out a beard or wear a fake one. He chose to grow his out. His hair on his head is a lot longer too. It's been a fun change. Lots of people have pointed out his resemblance to Abraham Lincoln. That would have been really fun for the 4th of July. Oh well. Opportunity missed. I really like to look at him while he's on the stand in church (as the ward clerk). He just looks so noble; almost royal. Nick hates it. He constantly complains about this "think that is always on my face!" He is also way weirded out by that fact that he can see his mustache. That would be kind of weird. And to answer the question you all are asking yourselves right now: I actually don't hate kissing him with a beard as much as I thought I would. I am excited for a smooth husband again, but in the meantime, I'm not dying.
We are very excited to be welcoming the fourth member of our family coming in two months. September 13th to be exact. This pregnancy is going well. I really thought that I would be so much more miserable at this point in pregnancy with it being summer and all. But I don't feel like I'm dying any more than I would when I wasn't pregnant. Baby J is also doing well. He moves more and more. Sometimes it feels like he's just trying to break out before it's time. Nick is totally freaked out by all of the baby movements, though. And I quote, "Yeah, I would totally freak out if I were pregnant. All I would think about is the Alien." And I'm thinking, "you wouldn't freak out about being pregnant because you're A MAN?"
Well, until next time!


3 comments:
Glad to hear what's going on! And can I just say, I loved that last comment about if he were pregnant. Awesome. ^_^
So happy to hear about Alia's potty success! Glad you have a good attitude about it too. I totally see the Abe resemblance. Great update!
hurray! a post! keep them coming.
Post a Comment