Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Done!!!!!

Just the other day my sister asked me, "Jamie, what are you going to take next semester?" But caught herself mid-sentence because, . . . I-HIME-DUH-HUN (pronounce phonetically)! I graduated Summa Cum Laude (I just found out that I finished with a 4.0 which jumped my GPA up high enough to get this great honor) with a BME (Bachelor of Music Education) with a choral emphasis. In other words, I can now teach choir in a public, private, or charter school. I do have to say, however, that I may have been the one to get the grades, but there were so many dear, dear people who really helped me achieve this honor. Thanks to Mom for convincing me to stay in the program every time I decided to quit. Thanks Dad for helping me pay for voice lessons and always being so supportive in everything I do. Thanks Nick for marrying me so we could look poor to the government in order to receive grant money, which then allowed me to keep going to school (of course that's not the only reason we got married, but it was a big perk). Oh yeah, and thanks Nick for being wonderful, funny, a big supporter, and someone fun to take a break from school with, I love you. I'm going to miss school and all my good friends I met there, but now it's time to move on to bigger and better things:)



7 comments:

Jeppsons said...

Congratulations Jamie! You will make the most FABULOUS teacher. What a difference you will make in the live of the children you teach. I must admit that I wish I were your student!!!!!!!

Jeff said...

Congratulations! Now you can go be a super cool teacher.

LNielsen said...

Yay Jamie!! You're my hero!

Veronica said...

i'm so sad i couldn't be there on that day:(
I miss you tons! and I really look up to my big sis!
I love you so much!

April Sky said...

I love that picture of Nick kissing you! Could you post it on winkflash.com?

username: familymember
password: onebigfamily

Add the photo under the Jeppson or Balaich family, and I'll put it in the right folder. I'm only asking cuz you said you had a lot of time on your hands. Shouldn't have told me that :)

Jim and Robin said...

Congratulations! I've got a present along with the Jeppson Family Cookbook for you for the holidays! If I can only quit making and buying and wrapping presents and make it to the post office . . . Love, Aunt Robin & Uncle Jim

Nat said...

Congratulations! I know it's way late, but we've been running here and there all month, and I just haven't stopped to congratulate you. But I've been thinking of you, and I'm so proud of you. It's such an accomplishment to graduate, let alone with high honors. You're amazing! I hope you're thoroughly enjoying the freedom you now have. :-)