Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alia Rose

Alia and her cousin, Erik. Kind of funny that the newborn is the one awake when the 2 1/2 year old is asleep.



Alia is here, and we are so happy! We had the privilege of bringing our sweet daughter into this world on March 24, 2010. She weighed in at 8 pounds even, and stretched 20 inches long. Alia's actual due date was April 6th, but she decided that was too long to wait, so on the evening of Tuesday, March 23 I started having consistent contractions. We decided to go into the hospital at 11:30 that night. My contractions were 3 minutes apart and getting pretty intense, but because I was only dilated to a 3, they sent us home. A few hours after we got home, the contractions either stopped or got light enough that I was able to sleep for a few hours. The next day, we decided that Nick shouldn't go into work just in case this was the real deal. Again, at around 11:30 (this time in the a.m.) we decided to go back to the hospital. This time I was dilated to a 5 and the doctor said I could stay! We got checked into a labor room at 12:05 and then I received an epidural around 1:20. After that, I slept for most of the day because I was unable to sleep the night before. I have to say that an epidural is wonderful! The nurse would come in periodically to check how far I had dilated and at around 6:15 they said that I was at a 10 and ready to push. They called my doctor and had me start pushing at 6:30. After a short period of pushing, Alia came into this world at 7:07 p.m.

She has been such a wonderful baby. When she is awake, she is looking around with bright eyes. The only time she cries is when she is hungry and doesn't get food soon enough or if she's got gas:)

We waited so long for our sweet baby girl, and she brings us so much happiness. We are grateful every day that Heavenly Father has allowed us to be parents of such a beautiful baby.

5 comments:

pawlyandsandy said...

Horray for baby Alia! We love and miss her too! Glad she's such a good baby for you! Love you guys!

Heidi-n-Scott said...

Awe, that is so sweet. Congrats again, you guys. She's a cutie!

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

She is so sweet! Can't wait to see her soon this summer!!

Kristen said...

I got here from Paul and Casandra's blog, but she is so so cute, you guys! -Kristen Winter

Leah Aston said...

Congratulations again. That is so wonderful. It was nice to read the story about it. Yay for epidurals!!!