I have always called my students "my kids." So here is an update on my kids in their last recital. I currently only have five students because I was teaching at Hill Field and teaching voice lessons after school. If I tried to teach any more than 5 students when 8 months pregnant, I think I would have died. Anyway, I was so proud of my kids at this recital. They were all so prepared and sang so well. I had many parents comment on how much their child had improved. It made me feel so good to have helped these students improve their talent and build their self confidence all at the same time!
I have two students who were chosen to represent their high school in the region Solo and Ensemble Festival as soloists. This is out of about 250 students who participated from their school. I am extremely proud.
My plan is to finish up this month teaching voice lessons - that is if I make it (I will explain why a little later) - then start teaching again when school starts in the fall. I will miss my kids while I'm off being mommy, but I'm sure little Alia will keep me nice and busy.
So the update on the baby is this: I went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out that the baby is currently 8 pounds, or so they estimate. I am also dilated to a two with three weeks of this pregnancy left to go. Now if a baby grows a pound per week in the last month, does that mean I am going to be pushing out an 11 pound baby? I certainly hope not. In fact, the doctor is pretty certain she will come before that. I sure hope he's right. But here's for hoping!
2 comments:
What selection did Alia perform?
I love your purple top, you look soo cute!
Horray for your amazing students! Some of your coolness must have rubbed off on them. We can't wait to see you next week!!!
Post a Comment