Can you believe it? Alia is 8 weeks today. We are loving life with her more and more each day. Both Nick and I have been amazed at how her cry has gone from a very general nasally cry to one with a voice and personality. Sometimes it even sounds like she's telling us exactly what is wrong with her, or like she's chewing me out for not feeding her fast enough. She also smiles so much more now. Her favorite place to be is on the diaper changing table - that's where I get her to smile the most. Alia's favorite way to sleep is on her tummy. Don't worry, we don't let her sleep on her tummy at night, but when she takes a nap, she would rather sleep on her tummy on my chest then be held in the cradle of my arm. Also, when she has tummy time she fusses for a few minutes then goes right to sleep. Did nobody tell her she's supposed work her neck muscles during that time? All of Alia's newborn clothes are now too small for her. Frowny face. I'm excited that she is growing, but sad that my little baby isn't going to stay my little baby forever. Tomorrow is her next checkup where we will find out how much she has grown; weight, height, head circumference, etc. I have a feeling that she is pretty big for her age. We have met other babies that are older than her who seem the same size or smaller. So we shall see! Anyway, we had another fun photo session today (all pictures by me, I might add) in which Alia WORKED IT. So here they are...
Almost...a...smile....common...Alia! Sorry I wasn't able to get any pictures of her adorable smile. oh well, the rest of these pictures are pretty priceless.

Now, let me see the "friend intervention I'm worried about you" face

"I know you want to kiss these cheeks."

Your dog just died, Alia. Let me see, "your dog just died."

You want a toy that your mom won't give you. That's right "puppy dog" eyes.

This was the part of the photo session that she was concentrating kicking her legs and swinging her arms. This is her "I'm concentrating" face.
3 comments:
Oh she's soo adorable!!! I can't wait to come down next week and kiss those cute little cheeks. It'll be a fight to get her from Dad though, grr. :)
Oh yeah, she seems a good size, very similar to Erik-we grow em big in this family :)
Love her in yellow and the jeans, soo cute!
Love the concentration face and actions-so precious.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO She is gorgeous!
I had no idea you had a blog! How fun. Alia is so beautiful. Congrats! This is Aubrey by the way.
Post a Comment