Monday, November 8, 2010

My hobbies


I just got done editing the Senior pictures I took for one of my young women in my ward and I'm so excited about them I thought I would share my favorites!



Photography has certainly become one of my loves. I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I feel like I can charge anything for my work. But I have so much fun doing it and I feel great when I can help out my friends and family!
I've also found a love of doing cakes with fondant frosting. It all started when I started watching the TV show, Cake Boss. I kept thinking, "that looks so fun!" and "I could do that." So I tried it. And holy cow it is much harder than it looks, but I get better with every cake:) See for yourself...

Cake #1
Cake #2
Cake #3
Cake #4
I should say with each cake the fondant tastes better too. The first ones ended up pretty thick and chewy but I'm getting better at making it.
So that's what I've been up to:)

2 comments:

pawlyandsandy said...

Awesome! Love the pictures, they look great! Gets me all excited for you to take our pics soon!!!
I really like the orange cake, that looks cool!
We'll have to talk cakes more at Thanksgiving, I have lots of questions. :)

Nat said...

Jamie, I'm so impressed with your beautiful talents! I need to take lesson from you. Good job!