Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I just can't help but smile... and sometimes laugh... out loud
To get to our house, we turn at a very busy corner that has turned out to be very entertaining. Why? You ask. Because we get our very own dancing boys. I'm sure you've seen someone with their job before. You know, the people that get paid to stand on the sidewalk and hold a sign. But these boys go way above and beyond. The first was a kid that held a T-Mobile sign while listening to his iPod and totally rockin' out. He could do these incredible tricks with his arrow-shaped sign that would just leave me mesmerized. Which is so not good when I'm trying to turn left off a busy road. After a while, he disappeared, but then turned up in a better area with even more car traffic. I assume that was a promotion. Now on the same corner, we have a Little Caesar's Pizza sign holder who's sign is in the shape of an electric guitar. This kid has long hair and an iPod and goes to town. So why blog about this? I just wanted to say thank you dancing boys for making me smile, and for inspiring me by being the best at what you do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like the dancing boys. I have a friend who is looking for a job, he was telling me he might be a free lance dancing boy. He would dance on a street corner with a sign that says "your ad here." How cool would that be?
Sign boys in North Carolina could learn a thing or two from the dancing boys.
It has been cold and rainy and all they do is stand there huddled behind the sign with their hoodies up over their heads. Dancing sure would keep them warmer.
What nice thoughts! Nothing like making the best of the situation you have been given!
I'm so glad you blogged about the dancing boys. I love those boys! They make me smile too, especially since I only see them when come down to Utah to visit. Our Pocatello sign holders just sit and imitate the sign they're holding. :-)
Post a Comment