Friday, April 24, 2009

Yucko!!!!!

The other day, we noticed that our bathroom sing was starting to back up when we would run the water.  So, we dumped some drain-o down the sink and that did nothing.  Because we live in such an old house with old pipes, we run into this problem a lot, so we pulled out the big guns: a product that clears the pipes with a huge burst of air pressure.  I stood by nick's side as he covered the drain with the container and WHAMO!!!!!!  





You know the hole near the top of the sink that prevents you from overfilling the sink?  Yeah, we didn't think to cover that when we sent a shock-wave of air through the pipes.  Our bad, heh heh.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

That was a good idea.

pawlyandsandy said...

That's the best story ever. We can't stop laughing. You'd think they would have put that on the instructions. Good thing you're not having visitors next week, eh?

Jeppsons said...

That is so something I would do! Hope the mess wasn't too much to clean up.

Carol said...

Okay that's NASTY!!!! Looks like a job for my good friend Captain Chlorox (sp?).
It's a good thing indoor plumbing is so handy, outhouses are so stinky, leaves so scratchy and poison ivy/poison oak so itchy otherwise those pipes wouldn't be worth the trouble.

DaveyMike said...

Usually, I download the pictures from my kids' blogs. I made an exception this time. Grooooooooooos!

You know in a couple of years you are going to remember that apartment with fond memories.

Jason & Nicole said...

HAHAHAHAHA I love moments like that- all you can do is laugh :)

Unknown said...

Okay - I'm laughing out loud (I mean LOL) Sorry for your pain, but it IS funny!