Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happiest Couple on the Planet

Today is our Anniversary! Four years ago Nick and I were sealed in the Ogden, Utah temple for time and all eternity. I could not have planned a better life for myself. Four and a half years ago, I turned in my papers to go on a mission but this was right after having the most incredible first date I had ever been on. It was so great I even talked about Nick in my final interview with the Stake President. My Stake President just smiled like he already knew I wasn't going on a mission. By the time that mission call came, Nick and I were very serious and had already talked about marriage. A week later, I had decided to stay home so I could marry the man of my dreams. We were engaged on May 4, 2006 at the Ogden Temple where Nick presented me with another mission call to the "Nicholas Scott Balaich Mission." I obviously accepted this mission call and have never regretted it. Now we've added to our family with our beautiful daughter, Alia Rose, who is an absolute joy! I thought I was really happy, then i got married and found joy, then I had a child and found pure ecstasy! Thank you Nicky Noo Noo for making me sooo very happy with your wonderful personality, your pleasant, hilarious, intelligent conversation, your beautiful baritone voice, those disco hips, your ever-present kisses, and of course your constant friendship and love. I love you!

We often dress in like colors without meaning to. We must be a married couple.
We were so little! When we were dating. This was a Medieval Date night the Nick put together with the Returned Missionary Committee. It was so Fun!


4 comments:

pawlyandsandy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I knew there was something familiar about today's date! I kept thinking to myself, 8/18, isn't that a date I should know?

Hope you have fun celebrating your anniversary today, love ya guys, esp Nick's disco hips :)

Jeff said...

I'm glad you accepted the call to the Nicholas Scott Balaich Mission. Nick has been an excellent addition to the family. You chose well on that one. I'm glad you're so happy.

pawlyandsandy said...

I started tearing up just reading the blog. Maybe that's why I don't often read and just look at the pictures. I'm glad you found each other and that you are so happy. Love you both.

Leah Aston said...

Happy Anniversary. You guys are so wonderful. I love you! Leah